LSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Hourly Pay Rate: (DOE)
PTO and Benefits: Eligible
Work Status: Full Time | At Will
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8 AM - 5 PM
About Wilkirson-Hatch Bailey Funeral Home:
Wilkirson-Hatch Bailey Funeral Home is truly about “Family Serving Families.” We are a five-generation family-owned funeral home founded in 1925. Our amazing staff share our compassion for the families we serve and strive to meet their needs during a time of loss. We are not just a family-owned business; we are a ministry to grieving families, and we focus on providing comfort and familial services.
Our team is seeking an Administrative Assistant who shares our compassion as a family to serve families during their loss. We are looking for a successful multi-tasker who is a strong critical thinker and communicator, has an eye for detail, and thrives on working in a moderate to fast-paced working environment. The desired candidate has excellent clerical and/or administrative assistant work experience and is able to provide support to clients who are emotionally grieving the loss of a loved one.
Required education and experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience (secretarial, administrative assistant, a receptionist with clerical duties, etc.)
- Minimum of 1 year of business acumen in the funeral home industry (preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of providing in-person, phone, and virtual excellent customer service
- Valid Texas Drivers’ License and Personal Auto Insurance Policy
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times
- Ability to build positive relationships with the families we serve
- Ability to provide the highest level of customer service etiquette (in person, phone, and virtual)
- Ability to work in a cooperative and supporting spirit with staff, clients, board of directors, and stakeholders
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills
- Exhibits excellent organizational skills
- Exhibits excellent verbal communication skills
- Exhibits proficient writing skills with minimal or no errors
- Ability to learn quickly and swiftly implement processes and procedures
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and directives
- Exhibits excellent computer operating skills
- Exhibits proficient to excellent database/data entry skills
- Exhibits proficient to advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, etc.)
- Ability to create and print materials for funeral services.
- Ability to maintain client files in an orderly fashion for auditing purposes
- Exhibits general knowledge of operating typical office equipment
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask various duties and responsibilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to report to work as scheduled
- Ability to manage emotions and provide the highest level of sympathetic support when working with grieving families
- Ability to follow the company’s policies and procedures
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform office / clerical duties including but not limited to:
- Answering, screening, and transferring phone calls.
- Taking thorough phone messages and distributing messages to the appropriate staff member.
- Scheduling appointments
- Creating and maintaining data on paper and electronically
- Scanning, making copies, sorting, organizing, etc.
- Ability to work in a moderate to fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to access and navigate all areas of the work environment (including indoor and outdoor areas where WHB’s funeral home services are provided).
- Ability to lift a minimum up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Ability to use various and multiple body extremities necessary to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stay calm and professional under stressful situations.
- Ability to work occasional extended hours and weekends as needed.
Work authorization/security clearance required:
Must be eligible to work in the United States
Other Duties as Assigned:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice, and the team member may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Employment Benefits and Perks
Employee Benefits and Perks may have a waiting period or may be accrued based on time of service with the organization.
- Health Insurance (100% for employees)
- 401K Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
Wilkirson-Hatch Bailey Funeral Home values diversity and believes in providing equal opportunity in who we hire, train, and promote in all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other protected status. We seek to ensure that decisions regarding compensation, promotions, benefits, and/or programs will be in alignment with our value of diversity.
Click here to apply: https://forms.gle/3CXKq3YyScSH3Pqb6